Pagliacci

E-mail me at i_am_pagliacci@hotmail.com.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

New Rules Update

Recent posts from Magician X have indicated to me that not everyone understood my last post.

However, one of readers, Ian, understood exactly what I meant. So, rather than respond to Magician X directly, I'll jsut let Ian say it for me:

Thanks God - at last someone has said it.

Magic blogs have been on a self referential downward spiral for months now. Most bloggers seem to only have a few posts worth of interesting content stored up and run out of steam very quickly.

I see your post has upset another blogger who seems unable to see that your "rules" are not "you must obey me" rules - but instead "if you want anyone to find your blog at all interesting you should think about this" rules. Many bloggers claim they don't care who reads their blogs and that people who don't like what they write should fuck off elsewhere - but in reality if they didn't want people to read their blogs they wouldn't be blogging, they'd be keeping a private journal.

Ian


Thanks, Ian! Magician X, maybe you should have taken my advice and e-mailed me first before writing a post that makes clear how little you understood of my last post. Keep up your otherwise great work, though, with your blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home