Pagliacci

E-mail me at i_am_pagliacci@hotmail.com.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Identity Crap

While I try to withhold my identity on this blog, I'm well aware that many magicians in this community know exactly who I really am. I've told many of my magic friends about the blog; I have no problem admitting who I am at a show, convention, or jam session if I'm asked by people I like and respect. Using a nom de plume not only gives me a little security but helps separate this magic stuff from my career (I would prefer my clients not be able to Google my name and stumble on to this, as they may not understand much of the magic humor or enjoy the dirtier humor). I stand by my opinions; I believe that, in the instances I was excessively harsh (the "Protocols" incident comes to mind) I have issued my own personal apologies. I really do love and respect the art form and I hope that those who do know me personally see that, too.

As such, my policy about my identity is this: if you'd like to know who I am and I know who you are, send me an e-mail and I may just tell you everything you'd like to know about me. Please don't be offended if I don't reveal my identity to you right away; doing so is a matter of trust and it takes time to build real trust.

I really appreciate everyone who reads my blog (and those who don't) and respect your freedom as a magician. It is my sincerest hope that you feel the same way about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home