Pagliacci

E-mail me at i_am_pagliacci@hotmail.com.

Monday, April 03, 2006

MoCrap

According to the latest Steve Fearson e-mail (which reminds me: why the hell did I sign up to be on his e-mail list? Oh yeah, so I can find out about goofy shit like this.) this site is the "future of magic."

First of all, Steve, how many times can the future really arrive? I mean, once we've arrived in the future (as we supposedly did for the reinventation of your hook-up with a rave light, the publication of the "Station Manager" document, the introduction of your self-vanish, and the supposed dawn of "Messiah Magic," to name a few times) there's no re-arriving. So stop trying to push us into the future - work on improving magic in the present first.

Second, are you really, really sure that a blog with shitty quality pictures and even shittier quality videos is the future of magic? Really? Plus, a few of those videos (the ones with edited titles and music, as well as fade-ins and fade-outs) plus professional quality pictures (some are even credited!) are clearly not from mobile phones. So just admit that this new "Mobile Blog" is just a trash dump for videos and photographs that couldn't be uploaded elsewhere. If this (for example) is the future of magic and communication between magicians, then boy are we fucked.



P.S.: I realize that I tend to get carried away with my rants and that - on occasion - I can get really mean. So, I'll temper this anti-Fearson rant with a pro-Fearson compliment: Fearson is a great magical mind and a brilliant magic marketer. I really question, however, the excitement he's showing about this "MoBlog."

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM , Blogger Trickster said...

    It's crap and I think Steve may be realizing that, in his latest email he even points us to youtube for some good videos. I guess it does make good advertising space for some, Lee Asher certainly seems to like it.

    Brendan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home